Submit a program demo
Taking submissions beginning January 1, 2016!!
Thank you for your interest in submitting a demo to Ohm Radio. We have several requirements for our submissions. Please review our mission statement, vision and values to ensure your submission meets our requirements. We are looking for high quality talk content as well as music shows.
MICROPHONE AND SOFTWARE
For good sound quality, you’ll need to have a USB microphone that plugs into your computer or you can use a traditional XLR microphone that is connected to a preamp which then connects to your computer. Generally $50 is the minimum for a quality USB microphone.
If there are going to be two people on your program, each person will need a microphone. Most computers have two USB inputs, so you can purchase two microphones and that will give you a good sound.
We recommend having music for your intro and outro. There are hundreds of tutorials on how to add music to your recording software as well as how to fade into a voice over. There are also several tutorials on how to edit clips if something is recorded that you don’t want to have in your file. Save your file as an mp3 file and then send it to the station so the programming committee can review it and send you feedback.
- If you’d like to submit for an hour show, please submit a 58 minute demo.
- If you’d like to submit a 30 minute show, please submit a 28 minute demo.Please note, a one hour weekly show takes an average of 5-6 hours a week to produce.Each show should have a station ID in the demo. The standard is: You’re listening to WOHM Charleston, 96.3 Ohm Radio. Nothing can be said between WOHM and Charleston.
SENDING IN YOUR DEMO
Email your demo to email@example.com.
In the subject line, please put: Demo for Ohm Radio
In the email body, please include the following information:
Name of Show:
Length of Show:
Frequency of Show:
Please describe your show in 3-5 sentences:
Please submit a complete application, which includes an audio demo.
WHAT WE LISTEN FOR
To be considered by the programming committee:
1. Speak clearly and close to your microphone
2. Create an intro and outro with music
3. Learn how to fade the music into a voiceover
4. Incorporate a station ID into your program
Thank you and we look forward to listening!
IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED:
As an Ohm Radio DJ, I agree to:
- To educate the public, to provide knowledge to listeners and contribute to my community in a positive way.
- Not use profanity of any kind, especially the Seven Dirty Words
- To not let my personality get in the way of content that is in alignment with Ohm’s Mission and Values, to be objective, neutral and truth seeking.
- To send in a high quality show five days in advance of airing date and not to skip a show.
- To not promote or advertise myself, my business or others in way that is not in accordance with FCC regulations
- Volunteer two hours a month to Ohm Radio, not including meetings or the time it takes to research and produce my show.
- Avoid saying the word “Umm” as much as possible and research best public speaking practices.